"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Saturday, November 5, 2011

In the Moment

We were in Venice with good friends, sitting in an outside cafe in St. Mark's Square on a beautiful, balmy evening, drinking the house wine (always great in Italy), and listening to a five piece band playing some old favorites.  It was a birthday trip for my husband a few years ago and a wonderful memory.  The Doge's palace was spectacular!  
These paintings were done in my studios from the many photos I took.



                  


And these two paintings were actually one large painting, but the composition didn't work for me
so I divided it into two separate paintings.... I like the one of the right better but they both work... I think!



No comments: