"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Haven't posted much the last couple of months.  It seemed their wasn't enough days in the week to accomplish everything. The summer just flew by with construction in my home, house guests and then straight into the Fall and the Holidays.
Besides working hard on my ABC book project and other illustrations (see my illustration blog), I still managed to carve out time for some paintings….(have to get my painting fix in :)

Beach Walk 8x10
Summer Harbor 8x10

I experimented recently, with these two small beach scenes, trying watercolor on canvas…. I think it gave an interesting look and is something I might continue to explore. These two beach scenes are currently on display at the Front Street Gallery in Scituate.


Changing Marsh 11x14
I decided to rework this fall scene as I wasn't happy with the composition in the foreground…I think 
it looks better now. I used an interesting medium "Watercolor Oil" its fun to work with for a change.












I did this watercolor as a birthday gift for my son. A nice memory from when he was visiting back east from California, and we walking with his dog along the North River on a beautiful, warm and sunny day.



No comments: