"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy New Year!

Finally, finally, I'm back in my studio full time..... the dreaded job of putting away christmas decorations is over and done with for another year. Wonderful though the christmas season is it's always great to get back to normal.




I've been working on a painting this week and only got so far and now I'm struggling a bit. I've put my brush down and will take a fresh look in a few days.  In the meantime, I thought you might be interested in seeing how it's coming along.
It's of Sagrada La Familia in Barcelona. I took lots of photos when I was there, over a year ago, and this is done from a couple of different views, incorporating the people and activity in the front of the painting with Gaudi's beautiful cathedral in the background..... you'll have to wait and see how the finished painting looks.... I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: