"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Monday, August 13, 2012

Friday night at the Pembroke Arts Festival was a little exciting with the downpours and thunderstorms going on.  Kudos to the committee and helpers who rushed the paintings from under the Art Tent and into the building... the tent seemed about to go under at one point and there were 6" deep puddles throughout......
Nevertheless, Becky Halekty and her team were able to not only rescue all the paintings, but went ahead with the awards ceremony right on time.  Good show Becky!!!

Here are my two paintings that won Honorable Mention and escaped unharmed... 
"Road to Amsterdam" which has now won Three Honorable Mentions this year...WooHoo! 
and Sagrada Familia, Barcelona.... Honorable Mention and the first show I've submitted it into. 
....I feel blessed!

Road to Amsterdam

Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

3 comments:

Eva said...

I love your watercolors. They are so transparent and candy paintings. Congratulations. Warm regards

Rita Vaselli said...

Hello,Maureen!I really love your loose and fresh watercolours works!

Maureen Brookfield said...

Thank you Eva and Rita.... I'm so pleased you took the time to look at my work :)