"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Well, it seems that summer has finally arrived....WhooHoo!

As usual there are a plethora of exhibits and shows upcoming this summer. I will have to be somewhat circumspect  in deciding what to participate in as I have a number of short trips planned and also my lovely and special twin sister's family are coming over from England for a few weeks.

Our trip down to Newport Rhode Island for the New England Watercolor Society's National Regional Show was a wonderful time.  I got to see my painting shown amongst the very best watercolorists of New England..... a great looking show at the Newport Art Museum.  We lucked out and had fabulous weather to take in the sights of Newport, including lunch at the wonderful International Tennis Hall of Fame. One of these days I'm gonna go paint there, the buildings and setting is quite lovely.

My Two-Person show at the Plymouth Library is now up and looking good. Tom Nordquist is a watercolor artist who also likes to work in other medias.  He's is a retired architect and his ink renderings, along  with his watercolors show what a wonderful talent he is. If you have a chance please stop by the Plymouth Library at 132 South St, Plymouth, MA .  The show is worth a trip down there, and you can always have lunch a the Tennis Club 👍😊



No comments: