"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul." - Edgar Allan Poe

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Audubon Annual Farm Day


Painting outside at the Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary in Marshfield yesterday started out as a real challenge.  The cloudy sky wasn't a problem but the gusty breeze and the few (and blessedly quick) intermittent rain showers that popped up early in the day, made life interesting, especially for a watercolorist..... I was beginning to wish I'd brought along my oils.  But then the sun popped out around lunchtime, and it turned into one of those gorgeous, blue sky autumn days.
I really enjoyed painting while listening to the band and meeting the many families who stopped by to comment on my progress.  It made for a really fun and rewarding time.  I'm very happy with the results and think I captured the feeling of time and place.... the hots dogs were good too!

No comments: